Pages

6.04.2011

Change of Scenery

Friday brought on a few changes to scenery for me and Boone.

Scene 1: I went to Clifton Middle School where I teach and began cleaning out my classroom. What a mess! My school is remodeling it's campus this summer and I had to make sure everything was labeled and boxed up so it could be moved back into my classroom for the fall. Ugh... the last thing I wanted to focus on right now. Nevertheless it had to be done. So what did I do...I called in the troops. (This is where I would post a picture of "my troops" aka some of our coolest high school girls from White Oak, my colleague extraordinaire Erin Krafft, the magnificent Morins, and the handsome hubs. That is if I hadn't forgotten to take one with them while they were helping me. Whoops!) It took a while for me to get a handle on what to move out and what to keep etc. The girls boxed and unboxed (sorry girls)  lots of things around the room, Erin helped direct me on what I needed to get done, the Morins let me store my junk in their garage aka Josh's room, and Casey helped keep me grounded and focused. I couldn't have done it without you guys. THANKS! I do have one picture. It's what was left of the mural I created on my chalkboard this year. 

Ahhh my classroom. I feel like my time there was so short-lived this year. I mean the last time I was there was April. It was an interesting journey from my classroom to a hospital room, but I'm so glad to be done with both for the summer. Thanks to all at Clifton who have helped keep me afloat this year... you know who you are. I couldn't have been away for as long as I was and have the ability to focus on Boone and his situation without you guys and gals pulling my weight back at school. I'm truly grateful for my Clifton family and friends. 



Scene 2: After cleaning out my classroom, the Morins and I went to the hospital to see Boone. He had a secret for us...

Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone, but I...
MOVED

ROOMS! 


So here's the deal. When we say it's one day closer to home. That's what we mean. Seriously. I know you're excited and so are we. We've been moved to room 15 of the Cheetah pod on the 8th floor of Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital. This floor is still a NICU floor, but it's basically his own room with a door, a couch, and way more cozy. Whoo hoo! 

Hopefully the next change of scenery will be from the Cheetah pod to la casa de Belgards! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How very exciting; he's almost HOME !!!!!