Pages

5.23.2011

These things I know...

I've been a little lazy on the posting over the weekend etc. Sorry about that. It's been an interesting few days. Not interesting because things are taking place that are rare occasions or events, but interesting because they've been rather a blur for me. To explain this may take a few thoughts, but overall I've not been myself. Sure I'm fine in front of people, but when I'm at home with Casey (watching me cry or sleep) and Marley (letting me hold on to her) I feel as if I'm not really myself. The nurses said most moms hit a wall from the emotional highs and intensity of the first two weeks after babies are born and that's probably the cause for this odd feeling I've been experiencing. Maybe so. What I do know is this journey has caused me to sit still in His presence often, and meditate on the things that are true to His word. For example: 
  • God has been and will be glorified through this journey. 
  • He has His gracious and merciful arms around me at all times. 
  • He weeps over His children just as I weep over the distance between me and Boone. 
  • The Lord provides for me spiritually, physically, emotionally, and mentally by using those around me (Casey, friends, family, nurses, doctors, our students and young adults, our faith families across three states, and yes... even Marley).
I long for the day that this experience is over, but am thankful for God giving me an opportunity to experience Him and His provision, consistency, and faithfulness. He has never left my side, and I constantly sing praises to His name throughout the day. Here's two of the songs I've been singing over the last two weeks: 

Leeland - "Carry Me On Your Back"

Even heroes fall down
And mountains won't last forever

But Your promise never fails


When the ocean is raging

I find stillness in Your presence

And I lift my voice to say

'Jesus take me away!


Carry me on your back

Through the storm, Lord!
Carry me on your back
Through the storm, Lord!'

When the furnace is burning
I know rescue is coming
Your promise never fails

In the darkness Your light shines
Breaking over the horizon
And I lift my eyes to see
Heaven's fighting for me

Waking up in the arms of love
I'll be singing, singing a new song
Waking up in the arms of love
I'll be singing, singing a new song


Hillsongs United - Forever Reign

You are good, you are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love, you are love

On display for all to see

You are light, you are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope, you are hope
You have covered all my sin


You are peace, you are peace

When my fear is crippling

You are true, you are true

Even in my wondering


You are joy, you are joy

You're the reason that I sing
You are life, you are life
In you death has lost its sting

Oh, I'm running to your arms
I'm running to your arms

The riches of your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to your embrace
Light of the world forever reign


You are more, you are more

Than my words will ever say

You are Lord, you are Lord

All creation will proclaim


You are here, you are here

In your prescence I'm made whole
You are God, you are God
Of all else I'm letting go

My heart will sing no other name
Jesus, Jesus
My heart will sing no other name
Jesus, Jesus



Boone is doing about the same. We are trying to pack on the pounds this week so he can go home soon. The extra pounds will help him maintain his body temperature etc. Also, he will be switching to Digoxin this week. This heart medicine has less long term side effects, and will be easier to manage when we are at home. Hopefully, he'll be on this medicine for a short period of time. Maybe 3 months or so. It's getting closer to having him home, but we still have to be patient. 



In the meantime, here's a picture of Boone Bear without his feeding tube. 

We're so proud! 

  • I know Boone will be home when the time is right. 
  • I know that until then the Lord will continue to use this journey to make His name famous. 
  • I know that I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this. 
  • I know that I'm blessed to have a hubs that stands strong in the Lord, and by my side each and every day.


Please continue to use us Lord for your glory. 

Melbel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Psalm 91:9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
God is holding all three of you in the palm of his hand,
Love You Baby Girl!

Marissa said...

Amen!
Although I am not physically there for you. You guys are in my thoughts all the time.
The way you feel right know is called postpartum moods, and it is completely normal and it varies from mom to mom.
Hang in there! I admire both of you, you are so strong!!!
In Christ love,