Pages

6.23.2011

PAST DUE

This one time I had a mess of books that were overdue. So overdue in fact that they cost way to much to admit in cyber space. Nonetheless I accepted my swift kick in the pants from the ill-faced villainous librarian and paid my fine so I could reinstate my library privileges. (I love the library and can't stand to have a momentarily unusable library card.)  Well, today someone that's not quite so villainous (Ryann) gave a similar nudge for me to keep up with the blog. She's so right about the blog being the only way to keep up with the goings on of the Belgards and this is my apology to the few followers that are still reading. I'll be more diligent about my posts and try to put something together at least three times a week. I promise. Ryann I love you and can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.

So with that said... On to the events from the last post until now:Monday-Sharon and Kristen Morin came to visit with us and Boone's heart monitor kept going off. Like 26 times in a two hour period. Yikes! Talk about stressful. We called the doctor and scheduled an appointment to see Boone's cardiologist.Tuesday-Today marks Boone's first week home. We went to see Dr. Horenstein and she gave us a great report on Boone's heart: N.O.R.M.A.L.!!! After she said it we made her say it three more times. She's a good sport and Casey told her that sounded awesome because this friendship was costing us a fortune. Insert laughing. She thought that was hilarious too. Leave it to Casey to bring the humor in a situation.


The doc said everything was normal: EKG, echocardiograph, assessment of his vitals etc.


We are thrilled and proud once again of Boone's progress. We went home on a Holter monitor for 24hrs and one less dose of Digoxin. She said one of the reasons his monitor kept going off was because of his medicine and also the perimeters could be lowered so it wouldn't go off so much. Whew! I was really stressing out over the sound of that thing. (I have a strong urge to chunk the monitor off the top of our roof when we finish with it.) All in all, Boone is looking  good at 5 lbs 14oz and 19 3/4 in. He will have his heart monitor for at least two months.  Since we went to the hospital we figured we drop in on my high risk OBGYN. She loves Boone and we love her.


Dr Ramirez is on the left and Dr Mastrobatista is on the right. Both Docs were working closely with us through everything. They were great and we couldn't have been more blessed to have them on our side. After we got home from the doc's office the Luces brought the best pork chops I've ever had for dinner. FYI: they are getting the little additions to their family this weekend and we are so excited about them. I'll give more on their new family members in another post.  To end the night, Casey and I watched The Voice and went to bed.

Wednesday-relaxing day with way less alarms and a few visitors.

Thursday-I went shopping with Boone for me and Casey's 5th anniversary and his first Father's day. Then we had dinner with the Bransons and Justin & Janelle, went to look at a sofa sleeper for the house, and waited for maw maw and poppy to arrive for their weekend visit with Boone.

Friday-Casey and I had lunch, did a little shopping for our anniversary, and I got a hair cut while Casey went mountain biking. Maw Maw Judy and Poppy babysat Boone and of course Marley.

Saturday-Today we had pizza and game day with the Kraffts and Lil Adam. So much fun. Rebekah Villareal brought over lasagna (amazing) and we went to bed early. Whew!

Sunday-Happy Fathers Day Casey and Pops! Even though my Dad is a state away I'm so thankful for him and the little nicknames like: "pooter" and "squirt". 

Pops



I didn't really get the first name until I was like ten years old. And yes I was totally offended when I realized what it meant. Thanks dad! Anyways. It was a sweet day and me and Boone gave Casey this:



The arrow is homemade complete with his birth date and represents the following scripture:

Psalm 127

1 Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watche
s over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
2 It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.
3 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.
4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.
5 Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.


Casey is already an incredible father and I can't wait to add more colorful arrows to our quiver.

So those were the events of last week. I'll post the events of this week soon. It was a fun one chuck full of Nana snuggle time, a new baby cousin, and a visit to MD Anderson for the Brad Booth' surgery. Stay tuned. For real stay tuned. I will be making another post. Soon.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

Thank you! I know we talked on Saturday (it was Saturday, right?) but it's great to know what's going on! I can't say enough how excited I am to get out there and love on him and you guys in person! I love you, Belgards!

The Belgards said...

Thanks Aunt Ryann...
We are excited to have you all over in Houston. Will be a refreshing time.

-Casey