Pages

6.29.2011

CAPTIVATED...

Click to Listen

Your laughter it echoes like a joyous thunder
Your whisper it warms me like a summer breeze
Your anger is fiercer than the sun in its splendour
You’re close and yet full of mystery
Ever since the day that I saw Your face
Try as I may, I cannot look away, I cannot look away…

Captivated by You
I am captivated by You
May my life be one unbroken gaze
Fixed upon the beauty of Your face

Beholding is becoming, so as You fill my gaze
I become more like You and my heart is changed
Beholding is becoming, so as You fill my view
Transform me into the likeness of You

This is what I ask, for all my days
That I may, never look away, never look away…
No other could ever be as beautiful
No other could ever steal my heart away
I just can’t look away…

It's a memory we long not to forget...Making our way down the steps to a table supporting 4 candles. 3 representing our families and 1 waiting to signify our commitment to one another. All eyes on deck Melissa and I enjoy a special moment we would cherish till death do us part. She was stunning...I was captivated.

Hearing the lyrics... 
Captivated by You,
I am captivated by You,
May my life be one unbroken gaze,
Fixed upon the beauty of Your face.
would lead one to believe that this song was being played to express my feelings towards my lovely bride. Though it appears that way and very much could be the case it is not. We chose that song because it reflected our purpose of being married. We are fixed and captivated by our Saviors love. It is clear that He orchestrated our lives together. We were to be molded into co-laborers of the Gospel. Responding to the call He had on our lives. From that afternoon we would embrace an adventure leading us to places we would not have guessed. I am thankful for God and His mercy on my life to provide such a wonderful friend, bride and mother of my son.  But most importantly... a sister in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There is much more to share but we will save that for another day. I just want to be clear about my heart and how thankful I am for my wife/best friend for the past 5 years. I love you.

Here are several photos captured over the past 10 years... a walk down memory lane.
 College Retreat
Dinner at Moms

Raising Cane's Christmas Party

Dinner at Sullivans

 Engagement Pictures- LSU Lakes

Engagement Pictures- Mississippi River

Speechless... My beautiful bride.

Honeymoon- Playa Del Car

ATV riding during honeymoon.

 Beach Trip with family

Cruisin'

 Oak Mountain, Birmingham, AL

My boys in BHAM and Bump N' Grind Race Day

 The Mitchell's wedding

Brookhills Student Ministry

 Fun at Anytime Fitness

New Addition "Marley Sue"

Nicaragua- Feeding and School Program

Our Team

First Astros Game

WOBC Students

Christmas Tree shopping in shorts

Settlers with the Kraffts

First Family Photo

Baton Rouge Baby Shower

Pre-Game

Post-Game

Family Photo 


My prayer...

That our lives may reflect the Gospel encouraging you to do the same. Our family is here on earth to bring glory to things not of this world. A mystery that fathoms us all. We know our position and embrace His mission. Captivated by a love only Jesus Christ can display. 

Humbled... Thankful...
-Casey







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful post, Casey. And I loved the "walk down memory lane" in photos. You two are a beautiful couple, inside and out, and I'm so happy for your little family and can't wait to meet little Boone Bug. Love you guys!