Pages

5.18.2011

Doctors, Distractions, and Dinner

Today I had my post op visit with Dr. Ramirez. She said I'm doing great! Healing very nicely and looking thinner than last time she saw me. I had to remind her that the last time she saw me I was prego, but none the less it was still great to her. She said I can start driving soon, and do some moderate walking for exercise etc. She also mentioned the only reason why she was allowing these activities is because she knew she couldn't keep me down with "bubba" (that's what she calls Boone) still in the NICU. I just laughed in agreement. Overall, our experience with Dr. Ramirez has been fantastic. I'm so thankful we ended up under her expertise and care.

This is where a cool pic of the two of us standing in her office would go except... I forgot to take the picture. See, I got distracted by the enticing smell of Starbucks coffee and couldn't focus on anything else during the appointment except getting to the tall half-caff white chocolate mocha that was waiting for me after the visit. 




Whoops! So here's a picture of "Callie" from Grey's Anatomy (a show about doctors and hospitals). Annnnnnd her real last name is even Ramirez. Close enough for me. The real Dr. Ramirez would say this picture of her looks "years younger and shows off her great hair!" Ha! Maybe next visit I'll be successful in the picture attempt.





Also, today I slept a TON! I mean I thought I'd never wake up. I'm not sure why today was so tiring, but I certainly tried to catch up on the sleep I was apparently missing.

Anyway, I feel refreshed. Casey is at church with our students tonight for Impact. I sure miss those guys and gals (WO:Students shout out). Hopefully, I'll be around sooner than later to show off Lil B.

As far as Boone's progress: Today the docs said that he is maintaining his heart rate and body temperature well. The halter monitor results were normal and they seemed satisfied with normal (so am I). Maybe I already mentioned this last time, but there is a possibility that he will go home without any medication. He's still on one right now, but that's the information the docs offered. Lastly, he's still really young for his suckling skills to have matured full force. So they are saying that he's doing really great, but needs more time to get stronger and increase the longevity of his feeding times. He's a little lazy after feeding on one side. No worries. They said that's totally normal for a baby at 34 weeks who's still supposed to be inside my tummy. This is the time frame that they actually begin suckling in the womb. So we're all good with his progress. Estimated time of departure is looking like 2-3 more weeks. So we'll continue to wait for his super man strength and abilities to mature.

Thanks for the continued prayers, encouraging cards, and invaluable support from our friends, family, and even those we haven't met. Also, thanks to those who have visited this week. It's been great to pass the time with my faith family at White Oak. I hope to be back at church this Sunday. Looking forward to getting back in a routine. Dinner here I come... a girl's got to eat!

One day closer to home,

Melbel

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Melissa, thanks for keeping us updated. We enjoy the pictures a lot. I may come to visit you this Friday or maybe next week.
Take care,
Marissa.

Unknown said...

Wonderful news! I keep stalking your blog for updates and pictures! I know you are giving him lots, but give Li'l B a kiss from me! :^)